We are pleased to welcome our newest affiliate community of the CAP Network – the Zanzibar-Canadian Diaspora Association (Zacadia).
The Zanzibar-Canadian Diaspora Association (Zacadia) was formed in 2012 as an association of passionate Zanzibaris who act as a bridge between Zanzibaris in Canada and the Zanzibar homeland, and work to foster, promote, encourage, facilitate and coordinate help for Zanzibar.
Zacadia works with representatives and associations in Zanzibar-Unguja and Pemba islands who assess community needs and then the Canadian team identifies ways to meet those needs. Zacadia envisions a country (Zanzibar) where abject poverty, ignorance and disease among the common people are reduced.
In Zanzibar, Zacadia’s efforts fall mainly in the areas of health, education, climate adaptation and social services support, including:
- Supporting orphans with parental care
- Supporting old people with basic necessities of life
- Supporting poor kids with school fees
- Building toilets, supplying furniture and used equipments/tools from Canada, upgrading and repairing schools in rural areas
- Building water wells for the rural people in Zanzibar
- Repairing and upgrading rural Healthcare Centres
- Running healthcare clinics in Zanzibar, like checking the BP and sugar levels of rural people
- Helping to improve education and healthcare in Zanzibar
- Supporting communities in climate change response
Zacadia invites people of goodwill in Canada and around the world to support fundraising efforts by making a donation today!
Interested in joining the CAP Network as an affiliate member? Learn how membership works here.